WEL is for successful professionals who are committed to be a part of the movement to have gender diversity in the Board Room and C-Suite. Member Applications are reviewed based on the Criteria outlined below.
Please read the criteria to determine how you meet the criteria.
Criteria For All Candidates:
- Are recognized leaders in their field and have established a broad sphere of influence.
- Will have at least seven years of managerial experience.
- Can demonstrate a commitment to the mission of WEL.
Determine if you meet at least one of the designations below:
Candidates currently employed by Corporations
- Are or were a C-level/senior executive with broad strategic and managerial responsibility.
- Serves as a member of senior leadership within the top two levels of the organization
Candidates currently employed in a Small Businesses and Professional Services Firm
- Will be a Partner or equivalent in a $2 million annual revenue or greater professional services firm.
- Will have demonstrated interaction at a senior level with the corporate/business community with significant clients served.
Candidates currently employed as “Individual” Consultants or Sole Practitioners
- Will direct the business full-time.
- Will have been active for at least five years in the current business enterprise or have an established background in the same business or professional arena.
- The consultant will generate revenue of at least $350,000 with significant clients served.
- The consultant will demonstrate interaction at a senior level with the corporate/business community.
Candidates currently employed by the Not-for-Profit Sector
- Will serve as the Executive Director, or its equivalent, or if employed by a large not-for-profit organization, will hold a senior leadership role with significant strategic and managerial responsibilities.
- The agency will demonstrate interaction with the corporate/business community.
- The agency serves a large number of clients and has a significant budget and/or scope of service.
Candidates currently in Political Office and the Government Sector
- Serve as Chief Executives of federal, state or local governments.
- Serve as Members of Congress or state legislators.
- Serve as Cabinet members or hold equivalent positions with federal, state or local governments.
- Individuals in government with other positions that are comparable in scope to senior roles in corporations or professional firms.